Lee has a Mechanical Engineering degree from Clemson University and has professionally developed millions of dollars' worth of Excel-based software since 2011.
He created the coursework for and is co-instructor of UC San Diego Extension's "Advanced Excel..." course which launched in 2016.
Every training is tailored to the customer. Choose your style of training and any topics you'd like to learn about. We are located in Houston, TX.
Choose a style of training: all Q&A, mostly presentation, or anywhere in between. For smaller groups, we encourage a more conversational and Q&A-style training.
We will lead the training through a selection of topics below.
Ask questions and showcase your challenges; we'll solve them together!
- Navigation (the ribbon, zoom, hiding rows/columns, freezing panes)
- Formatting cells, rows, columns and sheets
- Formatting text
- Working with shapes
- Basic formulas (absolute and relative references, arithmetic, understanding parameters)
- Sorting and filtering
- Importing text or .csv
- Data tools (flash fill, remove duplicates, text to columns)
- Custom lists and data types
- Named ranges
- Commenting and sharing
- Charting and sparklines
- Tables and pivot tables
- Advanced formulas (logic, lookup, text and date, mathematics)
- Tracing and error checking formulas
- Data validation and dropdown menus
- Conditional formatting
- Protecting sheets and cells
- Querying external sources (web, database, spreadsheet)
- Macros, automation, and VBA
$400 for the first hour and $300/hr afterwards. Multi-session and monthly on-site retainer pricing available.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
A projector or big screen, and friendly folks eager to improve!